Independence & Inclusion
The meetings and programs that we host each year are based on supporting independence & inclusion.
We know that independence is gained through effort, as with learning a new skill or with breaking an old habit. We hope that people will come to our meetings & events motivated to go outside of their comfort zone – not to make themselves over, but to move toward their personal goals, whatever they may be.
Inclusion is a two-way street, involving understanding, flexibility & compassion, from within ourselves, our ASD community, and the broader society. Whenever possible, we welcome everyone – ASD and others – to our events.
Our meetings are focused on supporting successful and healthy adult living, and are open to everyone interested in attending. Our issues:
- Post-secondary Education
- Mental Health
- Life & Social Skills
Our Programs are focused on personal growth & social engagement, and are open to every adult interested in the program activity, or targeted skill. They are offered at low or no cost, but require registration. Our workshops & events:
- Workshops to develop social skills or mental health coping strategies
- Fun events – movie discussion, games groups for meeting & interacting with others
See Events for a complete list of upcoming meetings & programs.
We were founded in 2014, as a small group of parents frustrated with the lack of services and supports that both recognized the potential of ASD adults and provided them opportunities for living purposeful, happy lives. As a small, but active organization, we are nimble & flexible – able to listen and respond to the needs of our community.
Square Peg Society offers our individuals and their families:
- Information relevant for independent adult living
- Emotional support arising from sharing common, lived experiences
- Alliances with service providers and other organizations with whom we may partner on projects of common interest
- Advocacy to promote government policy and social change
- Fun! – through workshops and events aimed at social connection!
We would love to hear from you and welcome your involvement with us!
Email us: [email protected]